Re: Which Version?

From: Win Ker <Winker11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 03:58:15 GMT

PO Lite won't work, nor will Personal Oracle as you have multiple connections. Hence, the next is simply called Oracle8 or Oracle8 Standard Edition for Windows NT. It comes packaged with X number of connections so make sure that you buy the right number up front.

You mention the db application written in SQL...ummm, is it a stored procedure application, or did you mean to say that you have to port the application from environment X, and it has the data/schema currently in SQL, which needs to be moved to Oracle? If this be the case, you'll need to buy some tools to help you as well, and possibly SQL*Plus (developers only). Go to the Oracle Store at www.oracle.com...it'll make this simpler than it seems.