SQL statement and Oracle Reports

From: Dmlvol <dmlvol_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Oct 1999 02:12:53 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] I need your assistance with a SQL statement to be used with parameters in Oracle reports.

From our application, I want users to be able to optionally pass the report bind parameters to restrict the output. If the user elects to omit the parameter, the report should select all records. I have attempted to use both NVL and DECODE without success. I hope somebody can clue me in.

My SQL statement is something like:

Select * from table where :Event = eventnumber;

I have tried NVL(:Event, '%') and similar syntax with DECODE without success.

Any ideas??

David
David.latham_at_onizuka.af.mil Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 04:12:53 CEST

Original text of this message