Re: oracle certified DBA

From: Jeff Thompson <jeff.thompson_at_e-markets.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 07:58:54 -0500

I studied on my own and didn't have a problem.  There are several good study guides out there.  I used Couchman.  I've had a lot of different database experience, but very little with ORACLE and I passed easily.

Feng Lu wrote:

I have a master's degree in Computer Science and have worked as a
application software engineer for 4 years in the US.  I am thinking about
getting certified for Oracle DBA, switch gear and pursue a career related to
database administration.  I have good academic background in database design
and have used DBASE4, FoxPro and PowerBuilder in several database classes I
took while I was in school.

Will I have problem to pass the certification test if I study on my own?  If
I pass the test, will it  still be difficult to find a Oracle admin job
since I don't have any working experience in that field?

Thanks for advice.

Feng

--
Jeff Thompson