Re: Oracle Objects for OLE - parameters

From: Eric Lepage <elepage_at_dynagram.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:29:05 GMT

I wrote:

> I'm unable to use parameters with OO4O in Visual C++. Replacing the
> parameter in the WHERE clause with a regular assignment will return a
> valid dynaset. But using a parameter returns an empty set. I've checked
> for all error codes, all seems well except using parameters doesn't
> work. Does anyone know what detail I'm forgetting which could explain
> this failure? Thanks!

This problem occurs with CHAR and VARCHAR parameters. Using number parameters (like in every available example) works fine. Maybe it is not supported for string, despise what the docs says. It's with release 2.1 of OO4O and Personal Oracle 8.0.3.

I tried to install OO4O 2.3 but it results in numerous fireworks. (NZ80.DLL doesn't export some methods that it used to...)

Is the speed improvement worth the trouble I'm going through trying to figure those darn parameters? I'm using read-only dynasets which already is supposed to be slightly faster than updatable dynasets.

Thanks for any info. Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 02:29:05 CEST

Original text of this message