Re: Visual Basic and Oracle via a network

From: <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 02:49:01 GMT

Hi,

If you are using VB then your best bet is Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) which is a COM layer over Oracle-Call-Interface (OCI). You get rid of ODBC with all its problems.

OO4O software comes with very good documentation and samples for Visual Basic and very easy to learn.

You can download this software from www.oracle.com

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

SQL Link for MS Excel. A free tool for Oracle->MS Excel Oracle/Developer CBT with sample GL source code http://www.geocities.com/armaghan/

In article <1984bbd8.eddd4b07_at_usw-ex0101-003.remarq.com>,   mblood <mbloodNOmbSPAM_at_boisestate.edu.invalid> wrote:
> I would like to write a program that I can use to access a large
number
> of databases. I know there is a way to call them by a nickname that
is
> used in SQL*Net but I can not seem to figure out how to connect to or
> even call the database.
>
> Does anyone know of any resources that will get me started.
>
> ODBC is out of the question since I do not want to configure the ODBC
> Driver for each machine for each Database. That could equal 2000 ODBC
> drivers installed.
>
> Any one have any ideas.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael Blood

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 04:49:01 CEST

Original text of this message