Oracle Designer

From: Andreas Busch <Andreas.Busch_at_ilogics.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:07:08 +0200

I want to use the designer from oracle to design (ERD) for Oracle database.
I have applications with a lot of packages .
What is the problem of the server-generator in Designer ? the handling of packages is not understandable to me.
A package in designer will be handled like a collection and every member of this package apears in procedure or function tree.
Do i something wrong ? I see a package closely to a class/object with methods and functions , so normaly the encapsulation should not be broken in Designer ?. The biggest problem is the naming of functions or procedures lets say i have the function addLink in package a and in package b. the scope is normaly a.addlink or b.addlink but the designer will not allow this ???

regards
Andreas