Re: DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1999/10/01

Delphis Group Limited wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been asked to collect audit data only from input screens (forms
> 4.5) in my system. Specifically, I have been asked to use
> DBMS_APLICATION_INFO as a way of determining that changes are being
> applied by the input screen as opposed to any of the batch processes.
>
> I can think of other ways to do this but want to do as I've been
> instructed. Can someone help me out as to how I use this package?
>
> Remember, I only want to collect audit data from the form transactions
> even though my database procedures modify the underlying tables also.
>
> Thanks
>
> R.W. Fairbairn
> --
> Delphis Group Limited

DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO doco is easiest found by issuing

select text
from dba_source
where name = 'DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO'
and type = 'PACKAGE'

Its great for logging the current state of a form/program/etc but for auditing its use may be limited.

HTH Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message