Webdb : 'Edit Dynamic Page' cannot see content

From: Heidi Schuerger <schuerger_at_utopia.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:39:12 -0400

This also happens for reports based on SQL query when the query exceeds whatever the WebDB limitation is for the interface.

Workaround: manipulate the item in the WebDB tables. Using TOAD, we are just editing them directly. After you COMMIT your changes, you must use WebDB to edit the component. WebDB reads the WWV_MODULE_DETAILS$ and (even if you can't see the VALUE there) the rest of the module is editable. When you click FINISH, WebDB will regenerate the PACKAGE. You can also regenerate from MANAGE/GENERATE, if you didn't need to make any other changes. You won't get an incremented VERSION if you GENERATE.

select m.schema owner,c.module_id id,c.version ver,m.name component,c.value coding
from wwv_modules$ m,wwv_module_details$ c where (c.module_id =m.id and c.version=m.version) and c.version =(select max(mm.version) from wwv_modules$ mm where mm.id=c.module_id)
and upper(m.schema) like ':owner'
and upper(m.name) like ':component'
and m.type_id = :module_type --12=Report based on SQL Query and c.attribute_id = decode(:module_type,12,12023,0);

Need to create matrix of relevant ATTRIBUTE_ID's for module TYPE_ID. Then we can expand the DECODE statement. Meanwhile, the ones we want to edit are pretty easy to spot if you have a neat tool like TOAD. Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 22:39:12 CEST

Original text of this message