Re: How to upload files in WebForms 6.0 and OAS 4.07

From: Yar <yarsegal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:59:08 GMT

In article <37EA1303.E86A9E83_at_sfs.siemens.de>,   werner vogt <werner.vogt_at_sfs.siemens.de> wrote:
> I have a Formsapplication using Filedialog (GET_FILE_NAME) and
> uploading images (READ_IMAGE_FILE). Under Windows it works fine.
>
> Now i run the same application under OAS 4.07 and Formsserver the
> GET_FILE_NAME-Function return NULL-Value.
>
> Is their anybody who can help?
>
> Wernner Vogt
> WeVogt_at_yahoo.com

Hi,

I've posted a similar question a couple of times, but never got a single reply. I guess file dialogs simply don't work on the web. When you use GET_FILE_NAME, does the dialog appear on the screen? In my case nothing happens. The possible explanation might be that the code is actually running on the application server, so all calls referring to a hard drive, refer to the server's hard drive, not the client's. I tried using TEXT_IO functions, and they actually created a file on the server side. Sometimes, it may be useful, but I don't understand why they didn't provide any tools for accessing a local disk. There are lots of other weird things, like magic disappearing all 'magic' items from the menu when a form is run on the web. Or a print dialog popping up on the application server, when a user hits the print button. My main concern, however, is to be able to access a local disk. Hopefully it is possible, the question is HOW. Any ideas?

Yar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 17:59:08 CEST

Original text of this message