Re: keystrokes

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:08:47 GMT

In article <37E7FF2C.5AB2_at_EEXI.GR>, cc <CC_at_EEXI.GR> wrote:
>I m using forms 5 and I like to know if I could "catch" the keystrokes
>when user fills a text item in a form.
>For example I like to detect Alt or Control keys or the combination of
>them or any other key when is pressed.

Forms does not give you that level of control. You CAN detect when ctrl, alt, or shift are used in a When-Mouse-Click trigger, but that is all. You can set up special keystroke triggers through Oracle Terminal, but it is too much trouble -- all forms have to run with the same oracle terminal definition file.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 22:08:47 CEST

Original text of this message