Re: Word and OLE Containers

From: Yann Chevriaux <chevriaux_at_theleme.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:20:04 +0200

I do something like that:

  • the templates are stored in the database
  • the word documents are also stored in the database

  When I create a new document from a Forms, I display a Master-Detail Form in query-only mode:

       Master Block is a list of templates names
       Detail Block is a preview (OLE Container) of the template

  To get a template, the user right-click on preview and copy .   Then, manually back to the document just created, he right-click on the OLE Container and Paste.

Today, it works and seems to be user-friendly enough.

I did it because:

  1. I don't know how to access to the file system
  2. Databased OLE container don't seem to support Word.Basic as OLE Automation Object but only Word.Document.

Could you help me about that ?

Hope this can help you !