F45 set_block_property question

From: Richard Morris <richard.morris_at_virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:21:20 +0100

[Quoted] I need to set a default where on a block property according to a global variable.
The code I tried was:

IF :global.id not in ('xxxx', 'yyyy') THEN

    SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY ('block1',default_where,'(refid = :global.ref and clear = 'N'
or subref not like '%clr')';
end if;

but as soon as the first literal is encountered, the ' is read as the end of the default where.

I've tried many combinations using ' " and () without any success. I have actually got around this by declaring the literals as global variables and substituting their values for :global.var1 and :global.var2 in the sql, but I'd be grateful to know how to deal with quotes in sql.

TIA Richard

richard.morris_at_virgin.net Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 23:21:20 CEST

Original text of this message