Re: Migrating Forms 4.5 to Forms 6.0

From: Steve Barrett <steve_at_eurovis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:47:54 +0100

Normally to convert F45 forms to F60 you simply open the fmb in the new tool and the conversion is automatic.

You apparently don't have the fmb files or I suppose the fmt versions either.

I think you could try out the following three options...

  1. Opening the module from the database directly form Forms Designer by setting your Access to Database in Tools-->Preferences Then use File-->Open to try and read the form

OR

2.There are options to upgrade forms in the Forms Generator and it does give you the option to specify the file source is the database rather than a file. This probably only works for upgrading forms 3.0 modules (or earlier) but it is worth a try.
Run the forms generator and in the popup dialog try the following options...

File : Your form name
Userid : your oracle account username
Password : your oracle account password
Database : name of database you are connecting to module type : form
module access : database
logon to database [checked]
Upgrade 3.0 form... (try this unchecked first and then checked) Version to upgrade : 45 (this may only be a valid option for upgrade 3.0 form)

3. As a last resort you will have to install F45, open the forms from the database and then

    save them as a fmb to be reopened in F60

Good Luck

Steve Barrett