Re: why my oem can't use service name?

From: Marty Grinstead <MGrinstead_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:11:10 -0400

Richard,

The problem you are having is with the TNSNAMES.ora file in the oem home. When you do discovery of a node, the information in the services.ora file on that node gets passed to eom. That's the information displayed in the Navigator window, and the service names for jobs and events. The tnsnames.ora file in your oem home doesn't have the same service name. It may be the .world if specified in the sqlnet.ora file, or just a uppercase/lowercase problem. If you use the menu option from OEM to update the configuration files, it should fix your problem. It will actually modify the tnsnames.ora file and make it contain ALL of the service information oem knows about from the discovery process.

Good Luck,
Marty