Pro*C and MS Visual C/C++ v5: Specifying Source File Paths

From: GHouck <hksys_at_teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:03:16 -0700

I have PROC22.EXE configured as a 'Tool' within the Microsoft Visual C/C++ v5 Development Environment, and it has been working just fine, except for one aspect.

In order to enable 'hyper'-jumps to error lines in the original .PC source file (instead of the resulting .CPP file), I have to specify LINES=YES in the PMSCFG.CFG configuration file.

This would be OK, but once I specify the LINES=YES, if I do not double-up all the back-slashes in the Paths for any files names (ie: include files, or configuration file paths), they appear to be interpreted as escape-characters, instead of file names.

For example, one project configuration file looks like:

iname=\\procdev\\CPIXlator\\pc\\CPIXlator.pc
oname=\\procdev\\CPIXlator\\temp\\CPIXlator.cpp
include=(c:\\orant\\pro22\\include\\,\\procdev\\include\\)
sqlcheck=syntax
code=cpp
mode=oracle

I have to specify a source file's 'include' file as:

EXEC SQL INCLUDE \\procdev\\CPIXlator\\pc\\Xlator.h;

Am I being totally stupid, missing something, or both?

[I am using: Intel Pentium, Windows NT 4 (SP3), Oracle 7.3.3.x,  Pro*C 2.2]

Thanks,

Geoff Houck
systems hk
hksys_at_teleport.com