OAS can't config

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:41:20 GMT

I have installed Oracle Web Application Server on my Windows NT Server. The installation went just fine. After installation, I was able to access both the Administrator page (through port 8888) and the default INDEX.HTML page (through port 80). Everything works just fin.

I then try to configure the listener. The only changes I've made is to configure the logs to be cleaned out monthly and to change the root '/' virtual directory to point to another subdirectory on my server's harddrive. In order for the changes to take effect, I stop the listener and then re-start it. When I start it, it won't come up. And to make matters worse, the Services for both the admin listener and the web listener show that they are started, but I can't stop them. The owsctl utility says that it won't support the stop. I'm sure that it means you need to stop the listener(s) through the Admin web page or the NT services. Through the NT Services, when I select the listener service, the STOP button remains grayed out. Any ideas? I've re-installed and have duplicated the problem. Everything is fine until I make configuration changes to the listener.

TIA,
Brian Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 22:41:20 CEST

Original text of this message