Forms 4.5 & dbms_application_info

From: <jthvedt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 20:15:50 GMT

I'd like to call the Oracle-supplied package dbms_application_info in Forms 4.5 (Dev2K 1.2), but since F45 uses PL/SQL version 1, it can't call any package with parameters of newer types like BINARY_INTEGER. dbms_application_info has one procedure (SET_SESSION_LONGOPS) that uses this type.

I thought I could get around it by writing a "wrapper" package that just passes parameters through, and simply doesn't reference that one procedure (I'm only interested in the other procedures anyway). It works like a charm when I test it in SQL*Plus, but in Forms it still gives me this error:

Compiling package specification
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO...
Compilation error on package specification DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO:
PL/SQL ERROR 201 at line 1, column 342
identifier 'BINARY_INTEGER' must be declared PL/SQL ERROR 0 at line 0, column 0
Declaration ignored

Is there any way around this? I've started experimenting with FORMS_DDL, but that's getting the same results.

Thanks.

Joseph Thvedt
jxthvedt_at_larsonxdoors.com
(Feeble anti-spam measure: ignore each "x" in e-mail address.)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 22:15:50 CEST

Original text of this message