SQL LOADER : What is Oracle error 1738 with direct=true

From: C Caissotti <ccaissotti_at_chez.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 11:49:59 +0200

[Quoted] Hello all,

My databasename is called INT
I have a table AGENT to load from a text file

So I create a control file like this

LOAD DATA
INFILE "AGENT.DAT"
INTO TABLE INT.USERDATA.AGENT APPEND
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' (CODE_AGENT,NOM,PRENOM,ETABLISSEMENT,RUE,VILLE,CODE_POSTAL,NTEL,NFAX,TYPE,LO GIN,SUPPRIME) I call the loader with the command line : sqlldr80 userid=system/manager control=agent.ctl log=agent.log direct=true

I have the message :

Unable to lock the table because of Oracle error number 1738. Is someone know what this error means ?

If I call the loader with direct= false I have the problem : ORA-00933 : The command doesn't finish correctly ( or something like this, because I have a french version of Oracle ).

It seems that SQL does not like int.userdata.agent.

[Quoted] Using PL/SQL with database name = int

select * from userdata.agent is ok

but

select * from int.userdata.agent does not work ( same message as sqlload )

Can you please help me. It's seems that is a little thing that I can't understand but it stops me.

Thanks for all

--
Christophe
http://www.chez.com/ccaissotti