Re: HELP : Substitution SQL Parameters in Forms

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 19:03:27 +0800

Joao Ricardo B Oliveira wrote:

> Hi there:
>
> I want to know if there's a way of executing a SQL query in FORMS 4.5
> with a substitution SQL parameter..
>
> for example:
>
> i've a text field in the current record that may contain the follow
> text : '5000,5545,5564'
> i want that when i push a button the follow SQL should be executed:
> select xxx into field_b
> from table
> where id IN '5000,5545,5564'; -- values in the text field
> (varchar2) ...
>
> So, i just want to replace the condition values in the query by the
> field values...
>
> If there's another way of doing it tell me... by forms, by a view or a
> function.. just mail ME please...
>
> --
> - Joao Ricardo B Oliveira jricardo_at_ipb.pt
> -
> - Oracle DBA http://www.ipb.pt/~jricardo

Oracle Graphics and Reports both support lexical parameters, for example,

select *
from &w

where 'w' is provided at run time...I don't know if Forms does. If not, you can create a record group and get info from that...

The online doco for 'create_group_from_query' and the other record group built-ins provide an example of how to do this...

HTH

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."