Re: Total records in block

From: (wrong string) écio <mbf_at_uniconsult.com.br>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:38:48 GMT

Hi,

if you're using Forms 5 or 6, you can define a summary of type "Count". In the same block you want to count records (must have "Query All Records" property set to true), you define a text item or display item of data type number, with "Calculation Mode" property set to Summary , "Summary Function" set to Count, "Summarized Block" to this very block and "Summarized Item" to a not null item in the block (any one will do). Then, set the "Number of records displayed" to one and arrange it on your canvas...
You don't need to worry about refreshing it, Forms will do it for you. Welcome to Forms.

Hope to have been of any help.

Regards,
Maurício.

In article <37CA095D.D70F9B8A_at_pc.jaring.my>,   Jap Boon Churn <bcjap_at_pc.jaring.my> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Oracle Developer and currently using Forms.
>
> Can someone tell me how do I get the value for the number of records
in
> a data block including those that are not yet displayed until we
scroll
> down.
>
> I have try to use this method :
> last_record;
> v_rowcount := Get_block_property('BlockName', Query_hits);
>
> This method can be applied when I perform the above action using a
> button and setting the mouse and keyboard navigate for the button to
NO.

--
Maurício B. Falleiros <mbf_at_uniconsult.com.br>
Uniconsult Sistemas e Serviços

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/