Jdeveloper & Infobus Question

From: Giles North-Row <gilesn_at_syslogic.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:42:36 +0100

I would like to implement an MS Explorer style window with a tree on the left and grid view on the right. I've used the tree control from swing and the oracle data grid based on a single table to create the look and feel which is great. However the functionality I require is that different tables are editted depending on the level of node clicked. Can anyone suggest a painless way of implementing this, should I use a single grid control dynamically bound to different tables at runtime or would it be better to create several grids bound at design time and only make the relevant one visible at runtime?

I will be using queries dpending on the current node too, is it more efficient to use stored procedures to return recordsets or is there no loss in executing the quereis from within Java?

thanks a lot for any help!

Giles. Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 11:42:36 CEST

Original text of this message