Java stored procedures questions

From: Alex Murkes <murkes_at_my-Deja.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:37:05 -0700

[Quoted] I have some questions regarding Oracle stored procedures written in Java.

Here's a very simple test Java class i'm trying to load into the RDBMS:

public class SPTest
{

    static int num = 0;

    public static int getInt()
    {

        return num++;
    }
}

  1. I get this error: $ loadjava -user <connect_string> SPTest.class Error while retrieving errors for SPTest ORA-00904: invalid column name

loadjava: 1 errors

Anyone know what's wrong? In something configured incorrectly?

[Quoted] [Quoted] 2) Will Oracle "do the right thing" with the stored procedure above? In other words, is there persistency, do static variables keep their values across procedure invocations? Or does Oracle reload classes on every call to stored procedures?

[Quoted] 3) Assuming some persistency exists, does RMI work from Java stored procedures? Can I expose a persistent object to external processes through RMI? Thanks!
-Alex Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 00:37:05 CEST

Original text of this message