Re: Scanning barcodes over the web

From: Jeff Kalchik <jeff_kalchik_at_spam-me-not.mw.3com.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:45:56 GMT

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:16:43 +0100, Andrea Cannaos <Andrea.Cannaos_at_deagostini.it> wrote:

>Can I scan printed barcodes over the web in a form
>text field ?
>And if I can, does I need to add an extra [ENTER]
>key or can I set "Automatic skip" property to YES
>to execute KEY-NEXT-ITEM trigger ?
>
>I'm using Forms 6.0.5.2 on NT sp 3 with 7.3.4 RDBMS...
>
>If you have some experiences about it , tell me please !

Sounds like you want to use a "keyboard wedge scanner." The program can't tell the difference between scanned input or keyboard entry.

The scanners we use here have a lot of options about RETURNS and such. If the scanner is programmed to add a RETURN keycode, it should do what you want.

Jeff Kalchik
Views expressed are my own, not my employers. Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 15:45:56 CEST

Original text of this message