Re: Forms 4.5: Raise form_trigger_failure doesnt stop processing

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:58:24 -0700

Fraser Boswell wrote:

> Got a little problem here.
> When trying to save a record when in a Mandatory field which is left
> blank, I'm getting the same FRM-40202 Field must be entered error
> message several times. Now the Block On-Error Trigger which is sending
> out this error is followed by a Raise Form_Trigger_Failure, which I
> would expect,

Wrong! it will halt the excecution of the trigger on this level, not all executions!

> would stop all processing.
> But it isnt, hence several error messages.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Fraser

If you would have this trigger on block level, and on forms level, the one on forms
level would take over (provided you did not change the execution style). See 'Advanced Techniques: how Exceptions Propagate in Forms' Test on Form_Failure (boolean) in your original trigger, or Form_Success, e.g.:
BEGIN

        IF NOT Form_Success THEN
                RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;
        END IF;

END;
--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palandijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede        7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500