Help: CSV Output from Oracle Reports 6

From: <kbpatel_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 14:11:38 GMT

Hi,

  I am having the following problem generating report output in CSV format:

  1. Using DESFORMAT=delimited and DELIMITER=, I have created a file name.csv.
  2. When I bring up the file in MS-Excel, the column heading row also contains the first data row.
  3. In order to generate report output in CSV and have the first data row as part of other data rows, I moved the column heading text into layout model's header section - margin. However, now I can not have column headings.

 Has anyone else come across this problem and found a work-around (if there is any)? I have reported this to ORACLE as a bug. But, if I am making a mistake setting things up correctly in the layout model, please point those out.

 Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Ketan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 16:11:38 CEST

Original text of this message