Re: Forms 4.5 question

From: Clint Redwood <clint.redwood_at_bcm-ltd.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 10:10:45 GMT

Hi,

I'm not aware of any way of catching keys except the KEY-xxx triggers and you can only catch function keys like that. I tried to do it and Oracle said somthing to the effect of it can't be done. I looked at directly catching windows messages, and relaying them to forms, but it doesn't seem to be possible to talk to forms in any way.

You might be able to do it programmatically with VB and interface to forms 5 if it isn't possible native in 5.

Sorry much help really.

Clint.

In article <7o7guc$lph$1_at_nclient11-gui.server.virgin.net>,   "Rich Payne" <rj.payne_at_virgin.net> wrote:
> I am trying to 'catch' particular key presses and distinguish between
them.
> Does anybody know if this is possible because I am starting to tear
my hair
> out over it.
>
> I was thinking that there was a :SYSTEM.SOMETHING that would do the
trick
> but I am probably totally missing the point !
>
> Thanks,
> Rich.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 12:10:45 CEST

Original text of this message