How to store 'time' values?? Date field?

From: Han Thomas <han_at_royal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:31:05 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] For a personnel timeclock application I have to store dates and times at which employees come in and leave the office.

I know Oracle's DATE datatype also stores time information (set to 0:00:00 by default) which can be made visible using the to_char(date, fmt) function.

[Quoted] However, how to do it the other way around? eg. store a time value in a date field? (Or in any other field, but also note I will have to add, substract and compare time values to give me the total hours worked, see who came in late or worked overtime, etc.)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Han.

| Han Thomas 30/1 Ton Kham Road, Tha Sala |
| Han_at_Royal.net Muang Chiang Mai 50000 THAILAND |
[Quoted] | www.afmgroup.com/han tel 053-308958 fax 249854 |