Forms 4.5: Screen Update

From: Thorsten Baumeister <toras_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:33:13 +0200

[Quoted] I just tested a procedure of a Forms Program (Ver. 4.5) which takes about 30 [Quoted] min to run. So I want to inform the user, what the maschine actually does and developed a kind of progress bar (someone gave a howto in another article of this newsgroup) and put in some messages. The problem is, that the progress bar "jumps" form 0% in the beginning to 100% at the end and the [Quoted] messages come up at the end of the procedure. It seems to me, that Forms is just too busy to update the screen. Is there any chance to force the update? [Quoted] In Visual Basic there is an instrauction called "DoEvents()"...

Thanks for your tips...
Bye, Thorsten. Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 09:33:13 CEST

Original text of this message