Re: DAte format

From: <stan_herrman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:02:40 GMT

No... A date column is a date column.

The closest thing I can think of to what your asking regards Designer/2000. In Designer, you can design that a column has a specific date format, then every module created afterwards will copy that format. Then the format would be used in any generated screens, web-pages, etc...

Well, I guess you could create a table with a X_DATE and a X_DATE_CHAR column. Then put a trigger on the table so when X_DATE_CHAR gets updates: 1) The format gets checked 2) the X_DATE gets populated... However, this sounds pretty dumb...

Best of luck,
Stan

In article <7n4to1$de0$1_at_news.fr.internet.bosch.de>,   "Sunder" <Sunder.nochilur_at_pcm.bosch.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Can I specify the date format of a column at table creation time.
I want
> to specify the date format as yyyymmdd for a column of data type
DATE.

--
Stan Herrman
Database Consultants, www.dci-ltd.com