Re: Enterprise Manager: First logon??

From: John Baima <john_at_REMOVEME.silvershot.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:43:02 GMT

"Rick Jolley" <rjolley_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
>The logins for those users in OEM 1.x are the same as their logins to the
>database, which are set when you install the database.

Well, the book basically says that you install the software from the CD and then crank up Enterprise Manager. Nowhere in the installation did it ask me for passwords. Should I uninstall and do something different?

>>I've just installed the JDeveloper Suite Personal Edition. It includes
>>the Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition. The book Oracle 8 in 21 days is
>>included. Day 5 is managing the Oracle RDBMS. The first thing is
>>starting the Oracle Enterprise Manager. They give some of the default
>>users: internal, sys, system. Fine. How can I logon the first time
>>without knowing the passwords??? Help!!!

John Baima
john_at_silvershot.com
Silver Shot Custom Clubs www.silvershot.com DFW Golf and the Java Swingweight Calculator Received on Tue Jul 20 1999 - 23:43:02 CEST

Original text of this message