Forms 4.5 via Internet?

From: Jim Kuschill <kusch_at_frequencymarketing.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:47:22 -0400

We're trying to provide access to an application in a remote office using Forms 4.5 (without the forms server) via the Internet. That is, the remote office has the Forms 4.5 run-times, forms files, and SQL*Net. We've created a proxy on our firewall to get to the machine with the DB and the remote office has blasted a hole through their firewall.

They can connect fine but shortly after they start getting application errors. Lots of different ones are generated, but the root seems to be that a new connection can't be created in response to a screen load, working up from SQL*Net. Review of the Oracle Metals DB points to an invalid load of the DLLs but I have to assume that is bogus because they do load and connect and work for a time. The timing of the errors appears to be fairly random.

We can't seem to create the problem via our dial-up RAS, which tends to point to our proxy server, but ... when we use a proxy "on the inside" we don't have the problem, which points maybe to a timing thing (but dial-up is way slower on average than the T1 to T1 internet connection). Our proxy error logs basically show a "port shut down due to eof." Oracle has an SQL*Net log they're looking at.

Any ideas? Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 13:47:22 CEST

Original text of this message