SQL Loader skipping fields in CSV file

From: Mark Robbins <mark.j.robbins2_at_vf.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:10:43 GMT

Hello,

I have a CSV file containg records with a number of fields in it and I want to load the data into two different tables depending on a field in the record (using SQL*Loader).
That is easily done with a WHEN clause.

The problem is that the records contain the same fields but I don't want to load the all the fields into the second table. E.G.
FLD1, FLD2, FLD3, FLD4 When FLD2 is set to 5 the fields FLD1, FLD2, FLD4 should be loaded in.

I don't think I can use because the fields are variable lengths.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

--
Any comments/views expressed here are mine
alone and do not represent my employer's views in

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/