Forms: Controlling Query Order

From: Craig Duncan <crd1_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 18:01:56 -0400

[Quoted] I'm stumped!

We have 2 Form applications (developed elsewhere) whose query behavior I would like to emulate.

A query in the Forms (returning all records) does not return in standard order. The records are returned in a 'last in, first out' manner. That is: the last record entered is the first displayed. The code on a 'WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED' trigger is as follows;

if :System.Mode = 'NORMAL' then

    GO_BLOCK('ML_REP');
    do_key('enter_query');
else

    do_key('execute_query');
end if;

The query run from the standard menu results in the same order. Any query I build behaves in the opposite (standard?) manner. The primary key is varchar2: 'YY-xxx'. The x's are generated from a sequence, in ascending order.

I've looked all over for some trigger code, environmental setting, or something. I just don't see it. Am I missing something? I hope so.

Thanks,

Craig Duncan Received on Sat Jul 10 1999 - 00:01:56 CEST

Original text of this message