Re: Need help with User-friendly date formats

From: Jerry Alan Braga <jabraga_at_golden.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 11:10:22 -0400

see the registry settings

forms50_user_date_format
form50_error_date_format
forms50_output_date_format

  1. forms50_user_date_format is used for entry we user MMDDRRRR for input to handle Y2K no century input
  2. forms50_error_date_format is used for error trapping we make this the same as 1)
  3. forms50_output_date_format we make this the standard DD-MON-YYY format as it make the most sense to read

I believe that 1) & 2) allow for multiple formats separated by a ';' in the string

add these settings to the hkey_local_machine\software\oracle as a string type.

These setting I stumbled across my looking thru the release notes acrobat file that comes with form50. It was not included in the on-line help.

I have created a .pll routine that checks these setting as the start of each form to ensure that they are set properly and if not then sets them using the d2kwutil windows API routines.