newbie form builder ? : displaying LOVs in combo box format

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:04:35 -0700

Hi. Just starting out learning Oracle, so bear with me if what I'm asking for is a bit "off."

I'd like to know how to create a combo box in my "projects" data block listing all the data from another table --

Persons table:
pers_num
name_txt

Projects table (to have the combo box) has: director_txt (the "field" to display to combo box) director_num foreign key referencing persons.pers_num ...
<and other irrelevant columns>

I guess I don't even know where to start. There's the solution of having the item type a "text item" and using LOVs and record groups, but it would be ideal to just have our users select from a drop down list.

Any hints, pointers, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated. Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 21:04:35 CEST

Original text of this message