Re: Where to find Doc for Oracle SYS.xxxxx$ tables ?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:50:11 GMT

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:04:40 GMT, Christophe Corgnet <ccorgnet_at_free.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm just trying to go a little bit further in Oracle Internals and
>therefore I'm looking for any document which details a little bit more
>Oracle 7.3 data tables (tables SYS.xxxx$ mostly)
>
>As everybody knows, Oracle standard documentation doesn't explicit at
>all these elements (only static DBA_xxxxx views are commented) though
>these tables are often necessary for developping some utilities.
>
>Doses anybody knows where to find some kind of book documenting this
>topic ?

The best "publicly available" document about those tables would be the SQL script that creates them. The majority of objects are well documented with comments in it. The script is called "sql.bsq" and is automatically run when CREATE DATABASE command is executed. Look for it in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory.

>Thank you for your answers.

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 22:50:11 CEST

Original text of this message