Forms 5 problems under Windows 95

From: <hlatham_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:11:18 GMT

We are experiencing problems with running Forms 5 across a mixture of NT and Windows 95 platforms. Up until three months ago everything was fine, at around that time a patch was installed on the NT server bringing the Forms version up to 5.0.6.15, and since that time, NT users can access the system as before, but 95 users experience an error whenever one form calls another. This problem manifests itself in several ways:
Either: the second screen begins to paint (a couple of fields appear) and then the PC hangs

    or: as above, but after a brief pause, Forms closes down     or: a windows error, "F50run32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.dll at 0157:bff85561"

In an attempt to solve the problem I have even resorted to installing Forms locally on the 95 PC, regenerating the relevant forms and libraries and running it locally, but I get the same errors.

Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 17:11:18 CEST

Original text of this message