Re: FORMS 5.0 console's status line

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:39:20 GMT

Bear in mind that messages may or may not appear at the moment you wish, because Forms does not normally update the screen while processing a trigger. Also, if another message is posted, and you are using NO_ACKNOWLEDGE, then yyou may not see all the messages.

I have listed some of the help file below for reference.

My experience was that even with SYNCHRONIZE command, I simply could not trust Forms 5.0 to post the messages when I expected it to. Therefore, we developed an alternative messagebox (using ALERTS) and functions to simulate more or less (mostly less [humor]) the MESSAGEBOX function found in other languages. This worked fairly well for us.

Good Luck,
Robert Proffitt

MESSAGE
Description....
Syntax....
Parameters
....NO_ACKNOWLEDGE Specifies that, when two consecutive messages are issued, the operator is not expected to respond to the first message displayed before Form Builder displays a second message. Using NO_ACKNOWLEDGE creates a risk that the operator may not see the first message, because the second message immediately overwrites it without prompting the operator for acknowledgement.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 18:39:20 CEST

Original text of this message