ProC question

From: Robert J. Rubin <no.spam.rubin_at_istation.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:14:44 -0500

[Quoted] Though not new to databases, I am to new Oracle. So here's a few newby questions:
  1. For new development, is there anyone (else) using ProC/C++. (As an old fart, I like writing SQL). [Quoted]
  2. I'm looking at the multi-threaded features in ProC. Using these methods, I presume I'll need to use Oracle extentions to EXEC SQL to allow multiple SQLDA structures for my multiple threads.

Background: I'm building a 3-tier application. The code I'm looking to write is in Tier 2: the application server. This server will contains business logic that will be access by both proprietary clients as well as interfaces via a web site. I like the prospect of writing dynamic sql once in some C++ base class, and then dynamically accessing all of my tables via derived classes...without having to write specific access methods for each of the tables. Embedded SQL seems to let me do this (if I can conquer the multithreaded stuff).

Suggestions on using any of the newer tools out there?

Thanks,

    -Robert Received on Sat Jun 26 1999 - 01:14:44 CEST

Original text of this message