Internationlization Support in OCI

From: <mtariq_at_scriptics.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:59:07 GMT

I am trying to figure out what kind of (if any) internationalization support is provided in OCI (Oracle Call Interface)

I have looked at the Oracle documentation for the OCI Reference Manual on technet.oracle.com but found no info on Unicode support.

Since Oracle 8 supports UTF-8 does this imply that OCI supports UTF-8 as well? I need to pass UTF-8 encoded strings to OCI and am trying to determine what kind of conversion routines would be needed.

Also is National Language Support for Oracle 8 only or does this include OCI as well?

Finally if there are any books/references on OCI programming other than the online OCI Ref manual, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mariam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 18 1999 - 19:59:07 CEST

Original text of this message