Re: ExecuteSQL

From: <LambertB_at_theCIA.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:37:49 GMT

I uses the C++ classes for Oracle Objects for OLE, but I assume the process would be the same.

  1. Create an Oracle session object - mind the error checking, after you've created it; Check IsOpen(), check ErrorNumber(), check ServerErrorNumber().
  2. Create an Oracle database object - again, mind the error checking as stated above.
  3. Call the ExecuteSQL( "some PL/SQL statement" ) member of the Oracle database object - return status is defined as an oresult, which will be zero if successful.

In article <7jgpku$aq5$1_at_jaydee.iway.fr>,   "Nicolas Ménigon" <nmenigon_at_hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
> could anyone please tell me how to execute a".sql" script with Visual Basic
> code ???
> I currently use the Oracle Objects for OLE 2...
>
> Nico
> nmenigon_at_aston.fr

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 17:37:49 CEST

Original text of this message