Extracting SQL from Developer

From: <greg_wolford_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:53:44 GMT

Hello.

I'm working on a way to do automated explain plans for application performance profiling. So far, I've automated the location and extraction of SQL statements from Pro*C and PLL files (using Perl). Unfortunately, Developer 6 offers some difficult challenges as far as extracting the SQL statements goes; the SQL statements do not appear in the FMT format and using a binary search on the FMB (using the UNIX 'string' command) does not produce the desired results either.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Does anyone have any suggestions how to get SQL out of the forms?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Bx

---

bpyndejo_at_hotmail.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/