Re: Forms 3.0 and Oracle 8

From: Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:27:10 +0100

Karsten Weikop wrote:

> Is it possible to use Oracle Forms 3.0 together with an Oracle 8.0 database?
>
> Forms 3.0 uses rowid as key and I know that rowid has changed, so will it
> work?

No.

Some simple things can be made to work, but eventually Forms fails giving messages about invalid rowids.

The specific thing that failed for me was as follows:

I have a form which uses the POST built in. I found that, after a POST, if I tried to change a record which I had already changed before the POST, the second attempt to lock the record failed.

Perhaps a form which never used POST might work, but I doubt it.

--
Charles Jardine - Computing Service, University of Cambridge
cj10_at_cam.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1223 334506, Fax: +44 1223 334679