Host built-in

From: Joaquin Garcia Santos <jis_at_iberdrolaingenieria.es>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:38:35 +0200

Hello,
First at all, excuse my poor english.
[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to execute a program (I have personal oracle and developer for windows 95) from forms of the operative system. Well I use the command HOST like:
HOST(program, NO_SCREEN);
[Quoted] but my problem is that the next sentence of the program (after the host command) is not executed until the comand host finishes. I want that my program do not wait until the end of the execution of host. How can I get this?
Is possible to use dbms_job? If it is possible, how? Thanks a lot Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 10:38:35 CEST

Original text of this message