Re: Selecting function derived columns

From: Justin Wigg <justinwigg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:17:31 GMT

In article <376656cb.86449597_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:

> In order to call the function from a WHERE clause it must promise NOT
TO:

> - write to the database (WNDS)
> - write to the package state (WNPS)
>
> nothing about reading from the database -- it can read from the
> database no problem. If it modifies any PACKAGE variables (variables
> declared outside of the procedures/functions in the package) it cannot
> be called from the WHERE clause.
>
> did you try the above pragma ?? did it work?

Wow. Well, there you go! Worked like a charm. Thanks Tom! I had misunderstood the WNPS code to mean that no variables *anywhere* in the package or it's sub functions/procedures would be changed.

Thanks again Tom. Wonderful!

--
The trouble with common sense | Justin Wigg - Hobart, AUSTRALIA
Is that it's not very common. | Reply: justinwigg_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
[Quoted] Share what you know. Learn what you don't.