PL/SQL - Can I SELECT variables?

From: Greg Smith <gjsmith4_at_att.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:09:46 -0400

[Quoted] Does anyone know how to get the value of a variable in PL/SQL into a result set easily? In Transact-SQL, I believe all I have to do is

     SELECT var1, var2

and I get a result set with a row containing the variable values. But in PL/SQL, I can't write this simple SELECT. It always wants a FROM clause, but I don't really have anything I'm SELECTing from, other than the variables themselves.

(BTW - what I'm really trying to do is get those OUT variable back into my Perl DBI routine. The DBI bind for variables appears to be good only for setting up IN variables. The best way I can see to get back the OUT variables is to SELECT them and then use DBI's bind_column feature, from which I'll be able to read their values.)

Thanks for any help.

Greg Smith Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 22:09:46 CEST

Original text of this message