Re: Has anbody ever successfully trapped ORA-6502

From: <RTProffitt_at_beckman.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 23:03:31 GMT

In my experience, I would generally get the 6502 error at the moment I am calling the procedure, generally because I haven't declared something correctly in the calling routine... In this case I don't think the exception clause traps because the procedure has never been executed yet. Perhaps an exception clause in the calling routine would catch it...

In another case, in forms, I was able to trap Oracle errors as
  Exception when others then
    if DBMS_ERROR_CODE = 'nnnn' Then

        ...got and oracle error...
In my case is was a Parent Not Found error, but I wonder if the principle is the same.

Robert Proffitt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 01:03:31 CEST

Original text of this message