Help! rep file reports uncompiled after table rebuild

From: Roy Hardin <royhardin_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:17:21 -0400

I have a report that has been compiled for use with Developer runtime. The report has an after parameter form trigger which does some processing based on user parameters and places the results in a table, which is then reported on.

Before the report is run, there is also a program which does processing on several tables used by this report. This processing includes dropping some temporary tables and recreating them with new data.

The report runs fine when compiled. However, as soon as the tables are rebuilt, the report comes back with the error REP-1439. I then have to recompile the report before it can run again.

Now, the table names do not change, nor does the structure. Basically it is just the data. And it is the same user id used to build the tables and run the reports.

Maybe I am missing something, but I just do not understand why this process should mess up the compiled rep file. Is there something else I need to be doing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am really in a bind!

Thanks Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 21:17:21 CEST

Original text of this message