Re: SLQ loader --> SQL updater

From: Ari Peltoniemi <ari.peltoniemi_at_hex.fi>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 14:10:58 +0300

Thanks for the hint. There is no problem to write it by myself but somehow I fiqured that this has to be so common "problem" that people have wrote code for it many times already.

Some background:

I have plenty of those update files and therefore I would prefer more general program instead of coding it table by table. Specially because the database is populated in first place by using sql loader and therefore I already have all the ctl files.

There are also some really nice features on SQL loader, like log files, execution times, bad files, it is configurable etc I wouldn't mind to have without too much effort. Not even mentioning about field handling capabilities like To_NUMBER(), TO_DATE(), concatenating etc stuff.

Ari