Re: URGENT! Help required with POST-FORMS-COMMIT

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 15:47:44 GMT

I am wondering if the error is not propagating properly.

  1. Try a test of moving the Raise Form-trigger-failure to the body of the trigger.
  2. Try a test of adding an exception clause to the trigger, and passing the failure onward when the Msg_Alert raises the error.

Exception
  when Form-trigger-failure then

      RAISE;
end;

Good Luck
Robert Proffitt

In article <7j01o4$745$1_at_taliesin.netcom.net.uk>,   "Maria T" <martin.proctor_at_DELETEcapgemini.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2 block master detail form which allows entries of multiple
> divisions against a user. One of the divisions entered must be
assigned
> as primary division via a check box. the validation ensures that one
and
> not more, of the divisions has been assigned as the primary divsion.
>
> i have done this via POST-FORMS-COMMIT trigger. Code as follows
>
> DECLARE
> vPrimaries NUMBER := 0;
> BEGIN
> SELECT COUNT(*)
> INTO vPrimaries
> FROM ye2_user_divisions
> WHERE user_id = :YE2_COPS_USERS.user_id
> AND primary_division = 'Y';
>
> IF vPrimaries = 0
> THEN
> Msg_Alert('You must assign a primary division');
> ELSIF vPrimaries > 1
> THEN
> Msg_Alert ('User may only be assigned one primary division');
> END IF;
> END;
>
> On first commit the error is trapped as expected. However if details
> commited a second time the details in the top block are commited even
> tho the validation fails. (The Procedure Call Msg_Alert uses RAISE
> FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE). Why is this?
>
> Any suggestions as to alternative method of achieving this would also
be
> appreciated.
>
> TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 01 1999 - 17:47:44 CEST

Original text of this message